Thursday, April 22, 2010

Really... I had no Idea!

Eighteen years ago, when I was in 3rd grade, Springhead Elementary School held a "Career Day". All the students were supposed to dress up as what they aspired to be when they "grew up". There were teachers, veterinarians, doctors, lawyers, football players, dancers, and then there was me. I wore my grandmother's housecoat and bedroom slippers. Curlers were dangling from my powder white stringy hair. I pushed a doll strollers full of babies and carried a diaper bag. I was dressed up as a Mommy. Today, all these years later, Motherhood is still my dream... but now I'm living it!
Five years ago I was at the drive-thru at Suntrust Bank making a deposit... which was a very routine thing in my week. I had no idea that my life was about to dramatically change. I was working as a hairdresser at the time and when I got back to my salon I received a phone call. It was a teller from the bank, who was also a customer, asking me if she could give my phone number to one of her co-workers, James. Yes was the unlikely answer, but that's exactly what came out my mouth! I didn't think much more of it until after work, when my cell phone rang. I answered and on the other line was the DEEPEST voice with the twangiest southern accent. Three months later in December 2005 that same deep voice said "I do" and became my husband! In June 2006 I gave birth to our first baby, a little girl, Gracie Ashlyn. Twelve months later, along came our red-headed baby boy, Tucker Dock Albert. And in September 2009 our little Ivy Belle completed our family.
I never could have imagined that my life could be so blessed. When I think about the fact that the same God that spins the world in orbit took the time to look down on me and grant me the desires of my heart, I can hardly take it all in.

1 comment:

  1. the day I held you in my arms the first time, I knew that very moment you became my heart and my best friend. I have always prayed that God would bless you with the desires of your heart. The day you brought that man to meet us, I knew my prayers had been answered. I asked, and God gave me everything I had prayed for plus much more in the perfect husband for my baby girl. God was just getting started... every year since, the blessings continue to flow into our life. One baby, another and then another. My cup is overflowing with blessings. I love you Deanna and I am so proud of the christian wife and mother you have become. I could'nt ask for more!.... MOM

    ReplyDelete